Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Has it been SIX years?

...Often, when people ask me how long you have been married and I count the years, I feel like it can't be THAT long? My darling S, I can't remember how life used to without you ( sounds filmy but true), every happy(iest?) memory has to do with you. Every little gesture of yours shows your love for me...
  • When we are both tired from a long trip, and my legs and back ache, you offer to cook and bring warm food with the cutest smile, I am all mushy and feeling so warm
  • You are so kind, warm and generous that I feel guilty for not missing Amma ( my Mom). I remember telling my mother in the early days of our marraige that he takes such good care of me, 10 times better than you do! ( she smilingly reminds me). That has NOT changed a bit, in fact your love has got stronger over the years...
  • When we cuddle up and watch a movie and there are loving scenes of happy families, happy tears well up in my eyes coz I have YOU!
  • You make everyday birthday and anniversary memorable for me, in fact you always remember all the dates and seem a lil hurt if it doesn't ring a bell!
  • Though we argue a lot about who loves each other more, I secretly revel in the fact that your actions speak louder than my words.
  • You were my strong PILLAR of strength during our tough times, holding me together when I was emotionally wrecked when in fact you were equally shattered. My rock-solid support in every sense!
  • You have indulged me with all my dreams and fantasies and more...
  • You are very romantic ( I never thought you would be!) and even written poetry for me, which i could actually understand
  • While my geography and topography sucks, you patiently teach me how to read maps and conduct impromptu geography quiz, I am amazed at your patience while I sulk or act high and mighty when you show me how to!
  • You revel in my little achievements and proudly proclaim to people about my creativity, cooking, home decor skills like a mother who is proud of her child!
  • Unlike most men I hear about, you keenly observe my clothes/jewellery and appreciate how smart or pretty I look and it makes me all confident!
  • We are a perfect example of 'Opposites attract' and we complement each other perfectly!
  • You always manage to bring a smile on my face, whether I am upset or sad or generally 'blink' as you call it.
  • I like the fact that you know what I am thinking or going to say without uttering a word, which makes me very predictable, you say!
  • I like the tickling sessions and the way we play like kids with each other, laughing silly and enjoying ourselves like we have no care in the world...
  • Above everything else, you are my best friend with whom I can just about say anything without being judged, knowing fully well that you understand me better than I do, sometimes!
These are just a few of my favourite things about you :-) ....most of all, I see a big change in you....I see so much of me in you now...and would like to think you see a bit of you in me!


Dear S, I am so glad we are following our tradition of nice, fun and romantic holidays this year too. I am so excited about out trip to Austria/Prague this year, albeit in August, its 2 weeks of just you and me!! How awesome can life be? ;-) I wish you on my blog too so that as we grow old together, we can look back with good memories and smiles...and it's a constant reminder of how lucky i am to have you!

I hope and pray we constantly compete with each other about who loves each other more...every year, our bond gets stronger....Happy Anniversary, my darling S!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...