Sunday, June 20, 2010

A few firsts in Spain!

After all the serious introspective and sentimental stuff, let's move on to lighter and interesting stuff like clothes, fashion and accessories that I tried on for the first time in Spain! ;-). I have always loved dresses and with so much access to it and looking at a lot of European women wear them, I was tempted to try it on. I always thought that you need to be really skinny to wear dresses, I guess I was wrong. If you are curvy like me and know your body type, you can still carry it off! ;) Noone knows or recogizes me in Spain, so I decided to take the risk! :)















I bought this there....for the lovely blue color and it was so airy - with all the heat, it was a relief!



















A wrap-around dress in black of course, slims you down and creates an illusion of a waist! I know I am not wearing appropriate shoes, but with all the walking that we did in Spain...I could only wear comfortable shoes!

I have always loved big ear-rings that are both ethnic and pretty! I collect a lot of them but never get to wear them thinking its too big or dressy! This time, I made it a point to wear it at least one day...coz my hair is longer...and well, at least its a start! Amma will be really happy coz she loves to see me in big earrings. I normally wear cutesy-non existant looking ones on most days which apparently does not show on my big face!



















I saw these dhoti-pants absolutely on every alternate woman in Spain and it looked sooo comfy that I HAD to buy one too! With all the heat and roaming around, it was so light and comfortable, it felt like wearing nothing! :) I know that they are all 'Made in India' which made me all the more proud! :) Its a big rage there...I also have similar wrap-around long skirts from India in a similar pattern...sorry about the picture, don't have a better one!



















I found this lovely net-detailed vest in Spain and simply loved the style! Paired with a lime-green cardigan, it makes for a lovely color-combination for the summer!


The bag is definitely not a first! ;)....I found this incredibly lovely bag for a super bargain and I love the pop of colour! :) We were walking by and I was just eyeing this bag...and when I saw the price tag, my eyes popped out coz it was a designer bag shop (SALVADOR BACHILLER)..S silently looked at me...smiled at me and said "I know!!! Let's go in!!!!" :) I had bought a lovely big chunky blue bag for the trip and I ditched that one the minute I saw this....I will post a pic of that bag too! I know, I am incorrigible! :) You can never have enough bags or clothes, can you?

P.S - Some of you have to written to me asking me to post full pictures with my face. For privacy reasons, I choose not to reveal myself! I am sure you understand! :) If you do know me personally, you do know how I look anyway! :) I am flattered by the attention! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...