Monday, December 5, 2011

DIY Memorabilia

On our holiday to Austria back in 2009, we visited Vienna. We bought this lovely (The Kiss) painting by Gustav Klimt, in the form of a ceramic tile as a memorabilia! We have a huge collection of fridge magnets from all our travels and it is our most prized collection! (that requires another post!)

Anyway, It has been lying around for a long time and I wanted to make sure it is not lost over the years, in some insignificant corner or lost in transit when we move homes! Its a small piece and to get it framed was such a pain AND when we did find someone, it cost 10 times more than the tile itself! So I set out doing it myself!


  1. I bought a standard picture frame and removed the glass.
  2. I also bought a plain textured wrapping paper ( I wanted something that looked grand, enhance the painting, not be a distraction!)
  3. I wrapped the cardboard in the matte-gold textured wrapping paper.
  4. The ceramic tile had a velvet patch on the back and it was convenient to stick it on to the wrapped cardboard.
  5. Finally, I put it all into the frame, and voila!...


 
P.S - I have not been very successful in sourcing glass slabs, so I can use the one that came with the picture frame, to work on a glass painting! :D Two birds with a single stone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...