Thursday, September 2, 2010

Chunky is Funky!

I have always thought that lace is very pretty and delicate and is most suitable on very petite and delicate-looking women, if you know what I mean...

An entire ensemble or top in lace would be too overwheming for me. Recently, I found this top with a hint of lace in the back and shoulders...and loved it! Who said you can't have the cake and eat it too? :)

So I realized that if you like something, go ahead and adapt it to suit your personality or style - not just wear it as it is and feel uncomfortable in your skin! My humble opinion!! I think I would look horrible in an top made of lace fully...I am anything but petite or delicate! :P

I am in love with turquoise jewellery and am always attracted to them wherever I see them! I have them in all types - bracelet, ear-rings, necklaces, pendants - you name it and I have it! While roaming around Odeon (an area in Paris)...I saw this unique piece - chunky and really interesting with a character of its own! I jumped on it but never really wore it thinking its really 'over the top'.


Finally, I braved myself to wear it with the same plain black ' a tinge of lace' top and it looked lovely and I got a few admiring glances and compliments at work!! :) Its quite huge and can look good only with plain tops...else it loses its 'character', you know? :P

My blog is a journal; my journal of good memories, milestones, happy thoughts (mostly) and offlate I have developed an interest in writing about fashion. So I am not a fashion blogger per se, but I do write occasionally about it coz I love it! :) Vibhuti is very kind to give me this award which I am thrilled about! She has become really regular with her fashion posts and takes a lot of time and effort to put up interesting pictures of herself in a fashionable avatar! Go check her out!

Not just that, she has given me ANOTHER award which I am really pleased about...I blog pretty frequently about being positive and my journey towards becoming a better person! So I really hope to spread sunshine and happiness in my own little way...

Merci beaucoup, Madame, vous êtes très gentile! ( Thank you very much madame, you are very kind!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...