Thursday, February 25, 2010

True to the title, random updates!


1. The most important update is that I have recently taken up a job and its a really interesting one at that. I have a strong feeling that I am going to get a lot of exposure as well as learn a lot! Of course, I am also very glad that its part-time coz I can continue to do the things I like to do and travel too!

2. I have begun to actually like my exercising routine. I try to make it interesting coz I alternate between yoga, body specifics, Jane Fonda's aerobics, Pilates and Bollywood fitness dancing ( yes, you read it right!)...I like the fact that I can just jump around without feeling conscious at home, with abandon! Its liberating! :-) I have different DVDs of all these and I work out at home everyday except weekends. Of course, the biggest motivation are the results - I can fit into clothes I hoped I could fit into someday!

3. I was watching Rajiv Gandhi's interview with Simi Garewal on Youtube and it made me really sad. Tears sprung in my eyes. I deeply and fervently wish he was alive and more than anything else, his family had got the opportunity to spend more time with him. What a charismatic, handsome and strong personality! He is THE man for me, who was a proud Indian!

4. I have begun to maintain a calender and schedule like my English friends here and I have to admit, if not for anything else, it makes me feel really important and it also made me realize that we have slowly begun to have a social life outside of just 'us'. :-)

5. I am loving the 'calm' within me and the happy thoughts I have! I am proud of myself coz I don't brood about the past anymore or think of anything that makes me feel low. Little things remind me that there is hope and light at the end of the tunnel; like the plants I had given up on have suddenly started sprouting up now or even the 'daily horoscope' seem to match with the current updates in life. It may be a co-incidence too; but I take it as a sign!

6. I have started to learn to knit and its really exciting to create something all by yourself!

7. I am also learning Photoshop on the web and am contemplating starting a photo-blog ( what do you think?). I love photography and am a self-proclaimed photo-maniac. I love looking at photos; even of people I don't even know - they are such a great way to remember good times, smiles, friends, travels, happiness, beauty, nostalgia,memories.....enough said!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...