Thursday, February 1, 2007

CLEVER WIFE



CLEVER WIFE

I came home from work one day to find my wife, JoLynn,
cradling our six-month-old daughter and repeating,'Da-da, Da-da.'How sweet,I thought to myself, for her to choose Daddy as our baby's first word. Several weeks later,JoLynn and I were wakened by a small voice crying,'Da-da.'Turning over to go back to sleep, my wife said,'She's calling you,dear.'




Artistic picture explanation
She is an outstanding human body artist, she is has the artistic dayshare and the artistic value artist very much We now saw is she isworking the several pictures.
The human body art - beautiful woman artist pastes the chart
[人体艺术-美女艺术家贴图]
[人體藝術-美女藝術家貼圖]
[Искусствоо человеческого тела - красивейший художник женщинынаклеивает диаграмму]
[L'art de corps humain - la belle artiste de femme colle le diagramme]
[El arte del cuerpo humano - el artista hermoso de la mujer pega lacarta]



Women, Men, Money and Fear
By Jeralyn, Section Off Topic

Posted on Sun Apr 23, 2006 at 05:03:59 PM EST
Tags: (all tags)
Arianna takes a break from Washington politics today to write about gender politics and how women are different when it comes to money. She's in the midst of writing a book, On Becoming Fearless: Advice for Women.

She grabbed my attention with the "bag lady" line.

But fearlessness about money isn't just about having money. Which is to say, having a lot of money doesn't necessarily mean you've conquered your fears surrounding money. Poverty consciousness is the fear that no matter how much wealth you have, it's never enough. Some of the richest women I know are still driven by a fear of ending up as bag ladies.


One woman she writes about told her:

When she could, she'd even pay her phone bill and mortgage for an entire year. "So if everything goes wrong, I'd at least have a phone and a place to live!"

I think there are tons of women with some version of the "bag lady" fear--many of my friends also have it. I had it in my 30's. It may be one reason more women than men seem to be packrats, rarely throwing things away.

But I wonder if it's really a fear of ending up penniless as opposed to a fear of ending up alone late in life, because that would mean growing old and getting sick alone. If it's a fear of all of these things, I wonder which predominates with most women?

My advice: Downsize. The more you give away, the more you realize how little you really need. It's very liberating --especially from those kind of fears. As Don Henley once sang, "Hearses don't have luggage racks." Put another way, as Bob Dylan sang, "If you ain't got nothing, you got nothing to lose", and also, "She never stumbles, she's got no place to fall." And then of course there's Janis, "Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose."

For those who want different solutions, Money Magazine has this advice for those with "bag lady syndrome."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...